This Vegetable lasagna recipe is not taken from an old Italian cookbook, nor did we learn to make it in the endearing kitchen of an octogenarian during a vacation in Tuscany. It is the family recipe , the one we always make and the one that the children of the house, as often happens, consider it to be the best in the world, simply because it is their mother’s.
Normally we always use the same base vegetables, although sometimes we add some seasonal ones. Pumpkin, for example, suits him very well. Our little trick -totally optional- is to shred the vegetables after frying them because, although know that children have to get used to eating any vegetable, some are difficult and in this way everyone is happy.
The meat can be veal or a mixture of veal and pork but, in any case, of the best possible quality; the homemade bechamel , of course; and the cheese improves a lot if we choose two portions (one stronger and the other softer) and we grate it ourselves. And there is little else to take into account. It is a recipe that takes time but it is not difficult, it is really delicious and it does not matter if it is left over because the next day it is even better.
- 12 plates of Vegetable lasagna
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 carrots
- 1 zucchini
- 1/2 red pepper
- 400 gr. minced beef
- 200 gr. crushed tomato (canned or natural)
- 30 gr. cream cheese
- 150 gr. grated cheese
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 80 gr. of butter
- 80 gr. wheat flour
- 600 ml. whole milk
Read also: Original lasagna, authentic Italian
- 90 minutes
- 300 Kcal. per 100 gr. approx.
- We prepare the vegetables. Peel and chop the onion and garlic. We peel the carrots and cut them into slices. We chop the zucchini and the pepper.
- Sauté the onion and garlic in a frying pan with oil, stirring and making sure they do not burn.
- When the onion begins to transparent, add the rest of the vegetables. Season with salt and pepper.
- Sauté for approximately 10 minutes, stirring every two minutes, until the vegetables are just right.
- Add the tomato and sauté another 8-10 minutes.
- Add the cream cheese, mix well and correct the salt.
- We pass the sauce to the glass of the blender or food processor and blend until we get the texture want. This step is optional and we can not shred and leave the vegetables chopped without more. We booked.
- In the same pan with a little more oil, cook the meat for a few minutes until it is done.
- Mix the tomato and vegetable sauce with the meat and sauté for a few minutes so that it thickens a little.
- We prepare the bechamel, here recall the steps to make it. It doesn’t have to be too runny so the Vegetable lasagna doesn’t spill when serving. We booked.
- We boil the Vegetable lasagna plates according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- We preheat the oven to 200º with heat up and down.
- In a baking dish we put a first layer of plates.
- We continue with a layer of sauce.
- In the next layer we spread part of the bechamel.
- We repeat the process until the fountain is filled, ending with a layer of plates.
- We sprinkle the grated cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes making sure that the cheese is gratinated but does not burn.