The pasta is very grateful, and more if it is treated well: pasta with cherry tomatoes and poached egg .
Between a supermarket white label pasta and a good pasta there is not much difference in budget but in quality. This time we are talking about dry pasta made from durum wheat semolina .
If you have not yet tried to invest € 1 or € 2 more in this type of pasta, we advise you that the next time you go to the market or supermarket, you opt for one of higher quality .
Where to buy quality dry pasta?
We usually buy the De Cecco brand , which are of very good quality and can be found more or less easily without going crazy. You can buy it in large stores such as Carrefour, Alcampo or El Corte Inglés .
If you can’t find this brand, Garofalo or Agnesi pastes can be a good solution.
These 3 brands of pasta tend to withstand cooking al dente much better.
In our case for this recipe we have used the De Cecco type of casarecce pasta . Any pasta that is not spaghetti type will do well because it will withstand the last cooking better.
Ingredients for 2 people
250gr of casarecce pasta
100gr of cherry tomatoes
2 cloves of garlic
A few leaves of fresh basil
1cs of concentrated tomato
2cs of tomato sauce
1cc of chorizo pepper paste
2 free-range eggs
A little thyme
Oil, salt and pepper
You may also like: Homemade egg pasta with garlic and tomato
Making pasta with cherry tomatoes and poached egg
1. Chop the chives and garlic. We cut the cherrys into 2-4 pieces and chop the fresh basil.
2. We put the pasta to cook in plenty of salted water (his is 1l of water for every 100gr of pasta). We will remove it 2 minutes before the minimum time indicated by the manufacturer.
3. While the pasta is cooking we make the sauce. In a non-stick frying pan with oil, fry the garlic and onion. When it begins to become transparent, add the cherrys tomatoes, season and cook for two minutes.
4. We put the basil in the sauce, we give a couple of turns and add the sauces: concentrated tomato, tomato sauce and chorizo paste.We cook slowly waiting for the pasta .
5. When the pasta is finished cooking, add half a glass of water from the pasta cooking to the sauce, drain the pasta and add it to the pan. Mix well and cook briefly so that it loses part of the water, we make two holes and add an egg to each one .
6. We want to clear this curd and egg something liquid (also can add the yolk later or raw).
7. Finish with a good jet of EVOO, seasoning the eggs, adding a little thyme and peppering the whole set well.
With this recipe for pasta with cherry tomatoes and poached egg , one sits at the table with a smile and stands up with energy.
Do not stop doing it. As you have read, due to the cooking times, we like pasta al dente well, you cook it as you like.
This recipe for noodles with beef tail, mushrooms and Iberian bacon, ideas for cooking, ideas for eating daily, simple recipes, cheap recipes and much more in Siempre Saludable .