Today we prepare a spongy cake , tall, juicy and, really delicious! It has an incredibly tender interior and that taste of the homemade cakes of a lifetime, the ones that grandmothers made.
I saw this recipe a long time ago to Jose de Aisha Kandisha , and from the first time I made it we loved it at home, I don’t know how many times we have already prepared it! It is one of our favorite cakes, it is a tall and very, very spongy cake , and it is very easy to make, in fact, it is prepared without the need to weigh ingredients. I encourage you to prepare it too, write down the recipe !
What ingredients do we need to make this cake ?
- 4 eggs size L (large)
- 2 glasses of sugar
- 1 glass of milk
- 3 glasses of flour
- 1 glass of sunflower oil
- 1 level tablespoon yeast
- 2 scant teaspoons vanilla scent
- pinch of salt
- powdered sugar
* the glass we use to measure is a glass of water *
VIDEO RECIPE of convent cake:
I invite you to visit my YouTube channel , there you can comment or ask me your questions, subscribe or see more video recipes of the channel.
How the cake is made : step by step of the elaboration
Blanching the eggs:
In a large bowl we put the eggs, a pinch of salt and the sugar. Beat with the wire mixer, at high speed, until the mixture turns whitish, is very creamy and has increased considerably in volume. You have to be patient, it will take us about ten minutes to beat, but this step is important so that we have a spongy and juicy cake .
Add liquid ingredients :
While beating, little by little, in the form of a thread and now beating at low speed, we are adding the liquid ingredients: oil, milk and vanilla aroma.
Flour and yeast :
When the liquids are integrated, we also add sifted flour and yeast, and mix, now by hand, making soft and enveloping movements, until we get a homogeneous dough without lumps.
Mold and bake :
We grease a mold or line it with baking paper, and pour the mixture into it. For this cake, the ideal is to use a circular mold of about 22 cm in diameter , preferably removable to facilitate unmolding later.
We put in the oven , preheated, and bake at 170C until cake is cooked. The time depends a lot on the oven, but to give you an orientation, in my case it was about 55 minutes . To know if it is cooked, click with a toothpick in the center of the cake , when it comes out clean it is ready.
Remove from the oven, let it cool on a rack and, once cold, unmold and sprinkle the cake with icing sugar.
My tips and other options:
- Try to have the ingredients prepared for a while before starting the recipe, it is advisable that they are at room temperature.
- Place the cake on the rack placed at half height, bake with heat up and down and, very important, do not open the oven door until you think it is already baked because, if you open too soon, your cake could sink in the center.
- If you like homemade cakes , you have many easy recipes and a wide variety of options to prepare them. Among my favorites are this chocolate cake , the classic lemon cake and the cream cake , I invite you to try them !!!
And here I leave you the image of the first convent cake that I prepared at home, a long time ago. I made this one in a 24 cm mold, it was super tender and fluffy: